|GPS - Receivers|
GPS receivers are sent signals the speed of light from GPS satellites from space to help track where someone has been and where they are going. These powerful receivers can be used for any type of business or for personal use, as in an automobile.
To give you an idea of what types of situations a GPS receiver would be used in, consider the following:
With the GPS, there are hundreds of uses, some fun and some serious. This is ideal for people who are motorcyclists, bicyclists, hikers, joggers, skiers, anglers, surveyors, balloonists, aviators, and the list goes on. The great thing about the GPS is that it can be used in serious situations for commercial use or it can be used to enhance or develop a hobby.
- Should you be driving on vacation and get lost, the GPS features a map that provides you with UTM or latitude/longitude coordinates to help you find your way
- With GPS, whenever traveling, you can actually follow yourself on a map in real time showing your stops, turns, and so on
- If you went shopping to a new mall and cannot locate your parked car, the GPS can show you where you left it
- If you love to stop your car and then hike up into the hills, with the GPS, you can find your way back down to your car with no problem
- If your GPS receiver is connected to your cell phone and your vehicle is stolen with the phone and all, you simply provide the phone number to the police and they will be able to track the car and phone down
- If you are an avid boater, you can use your GPS receiver to avoid submerged items or shallow water
- The GPS will show you if you are drifting in your boat, even though it may not feel as though you are
- Using the GPS receiver, an airplane or cruise ship can be located
For instance, many people who fly model airplanes will use a GPS receiver so they can download the journey later and see exactly where the plane flew. If you want to have some real fun, hook a miniature GPS receiver on your dog’s collar and then in the morning, watch exactly what he or she did all night. If you love to golf, you can use the GPS to tell you exactly how far it is to the next pin.
For business, a GPS receiver can be a huge benefit. If you are a real estate agent, you can show a house in an area of town where you seldom go and never get lost, always impressive to the client. Even farmers can take advantage of this system in that they can better manage microclimates on their property.
With the GPS, you can locate anything, anywhere, whether it is in the sand, dark, or snow, and provide friends the exact directions. For medical personnel in helicopters, with the GPS, they can get to the scene quicker because they have exact coordinates. These are just a few of the thousands of uses and benefits of the GPS receiver and best of all, this system is becoming more and more affordable all the time.